Truly worthy of any Christmas cookie list and a nice change from the usual shortbread and chocolate chip. These are very easy to make and stay deliciously chewy and crispy if kept in an airtight container.
Yields: approximately 3 dozen cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Cream together butter and sugars.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift together dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture.
4. Stir in the coconut and pecans.
5. Chill dough in the fridge for 10 minutes.
6. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls on to a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. When done, cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Cooks.com